Website Bugs/Comments/Etc.
 UNITED Header logo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dhedrick

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  16:40:08  Show Profile  Visit dhedrick's Homepage  Send dhedrick an AOL message  Click to see dhedrick's MSN Messenger address  Send dhedrick a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any thoughts about using a more '3D' logo in the header area of the site? It has been suggested, and I like the idea. Basically, I wanted to get a post here in the forum to start off the ideas/suggestions/etc. discussion.

Feel free to post your thoughts on the logo, or create new topics of discussion for other things.

Daniel
aka: pdxSurreal
-------------------------
3GHz P4, 1GB PC2700 RAM, ATI Radeon AIW 8500 (128MB DDR), 120GB Hard drive space, 17" Flat-panel monitor... All that and it can't even fetch me a Mountain Dew.

Nate Dogs Dad

4 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  20:06:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I like the 3-D logo idea; consider it salt with pepper
Go to Top of Page

dhedrick

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2003 :  20:48:52  Show Profile  Visit dhedrick's Homepage  Send dhedrick an AOL message  Click to see dhedrick's MSN Messenger address  Send dhedrick a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've been working on some alternate 3D logos... I may post them in this topic for opinions.

Daniel
Affordable Custom Web Design
3GHz P4, 1GB PC2700 RAM, ATI Radeon AIW 8500 (128MB DDR), 120GB Hard drive space, 17" Flat-panel monitor... All that and it can't even fetch me a Mountain Dew.
Go to Top of Page

Trent

1 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2003 :  11:22:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe we could add back the glimpse of photos to the main page, but this time have them random change as visitors view the page.
Go to Top of Page

dhedrick

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2003 :  13:30:42  Show Profile  Visit dhedrick's Homepage  Send dhedrick an AOL message  Click to see dhedrick's MSN Messenger address  Send dhedrick a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Trent, I added your post to a new topic so I don't get confused.

Daniel
Go to Top of Page

dhedrick

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2003 :  04:00:26  Show Profile  Visit dhedrick's Homepage  Send dhedrick an AOL message  Click to see dhedrick's MSN Messenger address  Send dhedrick a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
toying around with 3D stuff...thoughts?

Download Attachment: soccer_dude.jpg
31.04 KB

Daniel
UNITED Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Nate Dogs Dad

4 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2003 :  09:55:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting logo (the one attached on previous post)

Perhaps a solid glossy button style of the United logo would look good?

What about an embossed style?

I like action pics of kids or others playing soccer included in the banner.

Keep the creative fire stoked!
Go to Top of Page

dhedrick

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  22:19:17  Show Profile  Visit dhedrick's Homepage  Send dhedrick an AOL message  Click to see dhedrick's MSN Messenger address  Send dhedrick a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've discovered that the glossy button doesn't work well with the UNITED logo shape... made a few mods to the current to give it some depth - will look into a more involved, photo-realistic header. It would be cool to have a few that randomly display...
...I'm in the middle of a project at work, so getting creative with the logo will have to wait a bit.

Daniel
UNITED Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

Nate Dogs Dad

4 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2003 :  11:32:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dhedrick

I've discovered that the glossy button doesn't work well with the UNITED logo shape... made a few mods to the current to give it some depth - will look into a more involved, photo-realistic header. It would be cool to have a few that randomly display...
...I'm in the middle of a project at work, so getting creative with the logo will have to wait a bit.

Daniel
UNITED Webmaster

Go to Top of Page

Nate Dogs Dad

4 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2003 :  11:37:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the subtle improvements to the entire site. Keep up the great work!

As for the random logo idea; cool. I envision metallic, plastic, neon, dinosaurs, gorillas ....oh my.

PS: the ads in Goal Lines look great
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
UNITED [Forum] © 2003 UNITED Go To Top Of Page
UNITED's servers spit this out in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000